Flight Plan Layout

Where should goVFR go? Tell us your ideas and suggestions you wish to be integrated in future releases.
Please report any errors you encounter!

Flight Plan Layout

Postby Carbonopteryx » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:24 pm

• Waypoint information and information for the legs should be shifted by half a line in height. This would make clearer that leg information are in between the waypoints.
• The same I would recommend for the input fields for planned Altitude / Flight Level.
• In the printed flight plan it would be great to have empty fields to enter data that occur during Flight. e.g.: Start Time, Landing Time, Frequencies, ... and per leg ETO, ATO, QNH, Squwak and other comments.
Carbonopteryx

Re: Flight Plan Layout

Postby marcozo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Hi Carbonopteryx

Many thanks for your hints regarding the layout. We take them on our list.

regards, Marco
Best regards, Marco
marcozo

Postby casijn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:18 pm

I would like to have a calculated fuel for each waypoint on the printed flight plan for control during flight.

Also each waypoint only list one frequency, although its selectable, I would like to have an additional list/table of selectable freqs/navaids on the printed flight plan so that in case of alternate routing due to weather or ... I have a preselected list of comms and navaids available.

We like to us a format that print on A5 format (a folded A4 that fits on most kneepads), see the attachment example :)

navlog.jpg
navlog example
navlog.jpg (363.66 KiB) Viewed 4333 times
casijn

Postby Boerske » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi Everybody,

I have more or less the same suggestions like casijn.
The planning works fine and I really like the GoVFR side especially the cowork with Air Nav Pro.
It would be nice if the print version of the flight plan could be better structured.
If the print version would be fitted to an A5 format would be the best but A4 is also ok.
The problem the I have right now is, that information is split up on 2 different pages. e.g. the first part of the Flightplan map is on page 1 and the second part of the map is on page 2. this is not very helpful and confusing when using it in the cockpit.
Is there a solution?

Regards
Philipp
Boerske

Postby marcozo » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:15 am

Hi both

Thanks for your feedbacks. I print the flight plan as a4 / 2 pages per sheet / landscape format. Folded it fits perfectly on my kneepad. Anyway, let us take a closer look. Having the "correct" page breaks is rather difficult as the printers are different. We're considering filling the data into a (set of / predefined / user editable) template (probably xls) and retrieve it that way. We'll keep you posted.

Regards, Marco
Best regards, Marco
marcozo

Return to Quality Feedback, Suggestions & Future Enhancements