future enhancement ideas

Where should goVFR go? Tell us your ideas and suggestions you wish to be integrated in future releases.
Please report any errors you encounter!

Re: future enhancement ideas

Postby SamWhatmough » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:01 pm

Hello,

Can I request UK airpsace as an overlay on the map please.

I use AirNavPro and that has access to the UK airspace data so I guess it must be available.

Keep up the goo work!

x
SamWhatmough

Postby lotnik696 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:20 pm

Hi!

You did a great job by developing this website to the pilots around the world. It's great! I have one little question for admins: is it possible that you will include airspace of Poland into overlays? Right now I'm using my home made overlay based on KML file but I don't know how to divide airpsaces from airways, waypoints etc. and this overlay is useful only for me not for everybody.

So guys if I can help you in any way: here you have the Polish Air Navigation Services agency poor webpage: http://www.aim.pansa.pl/ You can find there a poor flight planning tool but we have 2 advantages of that: it's official tool from PANSA so all data is up to date and second that we have google map up there. When you will follow the link you will enter a mainpage. After that change language for english (i don't think that you speak Polish ;) ) and on the bottom of the page click on ENTER button. You will get a pop-up window with flight planning tool. In the "pilot zone" go to "login" and you have to create an free account. When you will have an account and you will be logged in go to: pilot zone --> flight planning--> fill fpl from map--> click on "search" button. Now you can see google map with polish airspace on it. On the bottom you can find the button "download file". When you click on it it is possible to save KML overlay file with Polish airspace.

I'm using it with goVFR on "my overlays" but it will be nice if somebody will put it into "airspaces". If you're a little bit more smart than me maybe you will be able to divide that KML file into separate files like airspaces, airways, VFR checkpoints etc. I don't know how to do this so I have got everything combined as one overlay.

Wish you a safe flights!

Konrad
lotnik696

Postby marcozo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:29 am

Dear both

Many thanks for your posts.

We're having touble finding a reliable database to get the airspace informations from. We're working on a solution with Eurocontrol to get accurate information on a daily basis. Though, this takes it's time to integrate.

In the mean time, if you know reliable sources to get the coordinates for UK / Poland, let us know: thinkvertical at govfr.com. As a workaround, you can use any time an own kml-file to integrate your airspaces.

I'll keep you posted.

Best regards, Marco
Best regards, Marco
marcozo

Postby lotnik696 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Good to hear that you're cooperating with Eurocontrol to solve the problem ;) If you want reliable information I think that you need to go through AIP of each country. I flew as well in USA and I've used similar flight planning tool there but it had one great thing-you were able to search for an airport and get all information about it including airport diagram, fuel available etc. Here you've got an example: http://skyvector.com/airport/DAB/Dayton ... al-Airport

I know that it will be a hell a lot of work but you can try to connect in some way AIP of each country (here is Polish VFR: http://ais.pansa.pl/vfr/ IFR: http://www.ais.pata.pl/aip/ ) so it will be possible to get all info for each particular airport in a simple way. Maybe some users will be so kind and upload some photos of each airport etc.

Have a nice weekend!
lotnik696

Fuel units other than Gallons

Postby casijn » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Nice site! Trying to use GoVFR in combination with Navigation Pro on the Ipad/Iphone for daily use, still figuring out how its works!

Currently the fuel is only calculated in gallons, whereas a lot of users/aircraft use kilograms or liters, it would be nice to be able to select a unit for fuel in the aircraft setup.

Keep on the good work!
casijn

Postby marcozo » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:01 am

Hi casijn

Thanks for the hint. We take it on the list to change it in the user settings.

regards, Marco
Best regards, Marco
marcozo

Postby MarkvandenBurg » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Sorry, I already posted this in another board when I saw the suggestion board, so here goes again!

Dear Sir,

I just started using your software. Absolutely awsome! However, I wonder if it is possible to change the units further than they do. For example, the airplane handbook I use has al the units in kg and liters. Your W&b program allows for conversion but then it shows the final result in lbs ( not in the graph but in the summary). It would be helpful if you could chose to display all numbers either in imperial or in my case, metric.

Also, is it possible in "my airplanes" to expand the performance part to include climb figures? For example, time, distance, fuel burned or simpler, an average climb speed, an average climb rate and average fuel burn during climb. This to give a more accurate flight log and fuel used calculation. If you than also include a way to input cruise performance for different altitudes your program would be a complete accurate flight planning tool. Just insert the figures, print and you have an accurate navplog and W&B to satisfy the most critical CAA inspector when ramp checked!

Other than that, keep up the good work!

Regards
MarkvandenBurg

Postby marcozo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi Mark

Thanks for your post. We'll check the units in the W&B section.

For adjusting your climb performance / fuel flow, use the "Terrain Map" button just below the flight plan checkpoints. You can set the speed / fuel flow independently for any leg.

Regards, Marco
Best regards, Marco
marcozo

Postby heli71 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:57 am

Hi
Nice features so far!
Some more thoughts for the flight plan enhancements:
- if I print the flight plan, I want it to be sized for the kneeboard (A5) and therefore I print 2 on 1 sheets. In this configuration unfortunately the layout becomes nearly unreadable due to the small letters. I wish the layout to be more pilot friendly.
-what is the source of the weather/wind information? Would be nice to have it also written as: "based on weather forecast of XYZ for ...").
-Flight plan row 5 showing EET and @kt. To prevent confusion (GS-TAS) just print GS instead of @kt. The planned TAS should be shown/indicated somewhere as well.
-for Take off and Landing there is an allowance of 10 minutes. Wish to ammend this value to my personal or situational preferences.
rgds
heli71

Postby marcozo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi there

Glad you like it :-) Many thanks for your suggestions, I agree. Regarding the flight plan paper output: printing is somewhat limited when using browsers. Our thoughts go more in direction of creating an data output that can be shown in our Excel Flight Plan Template or your own. This would allow to customize the template to perfectly fit your needs.

Best, Marco
Best regards, Marco
marcozo

PreviousNext

Return to Quality Feedback, Suggestions & Future Enhancements